Grab the latest Seismovision v3.02 BETA from the BETA tab to get Call of Duty 4 demos playing. Please note that demo controls are not yet supported. That means no slow mo or fast forward. I’m still working on that.
Nov 25 2007
Nov 22 2007
I got my hands today on Call of Duty 4. Expect a new update in the next few days. Stay tuned!
Aug 20 2007
I’m happy to announce the Seismovision v3.01 release with all new features and demo support. Two new games, Tremulous and Warsow, and two new languages, Chinese and Spanish. Check below for complete list of changes.
There is an important change to play back Quake 4 demos prior to v1.42. Since v1.42 the Quake 4 CD-Key is encrypted, this poses a problem to the versions prior v1.42 as they cannot read the encrypted key and would ask it for prohibiting demo play. To play back demos for older versions, Seismovision needs to have the Quake 4 CD-Key. This can be entered in the Quake 4 Options, CD-Key.
Update 21/08/2007: Seismovision won’t steal your Quake 4 CD-Key, to ask for the CD-Key was the only option to allow older demos to be played. I did contact id Software about this problem and they said they will have a look.
added: Warsow (wd7 (v0.12), wd8 (v0.21) and wd9 (v0.31)) demo support. Extended support for play lists and demo controls.
added: Tremulous (dm_69) demo support.
added: Day of Defeat: Source (Steam) (dem), Half-Life Deathmatch: Source (Steam) (dem) and Opposing Force (Steam) (dem) demo support.
added: Quake 4 v1.42 AVA for .netdemo (v1.04, v1.10, v1.20, v1.30, v1.41 and v1.42) and .demo (v1.04, v1.10, v1.20, v1.30, v1.41) and ndmo85 (v1.42)
added: Quake 4 key input to make demo play back of demos prior v1.42 possible.
added: Quake 4 demo scanner for identifying files required for demo play (right-click on demo to access)
added: Smart mod detection for multiple versioned installations for .netdemo’s (Check Seismovision’s Quake 4 documentation)
added: Simplified-Chinese language (Thanks to Si ‘FiO’ Wei)
added: Spanish translation. Thank you to Alexhk23.
added: Call of Duty 2 iwd scanner to easily manage non-standard .iwd that may cause demo playback malfunctions. Automatically saves selections.
fixed: Enemy Territory demos not playing in a play list.
fixed: America’s Army demos not playing at all.
fixed: Playback options not saving correctly.
fixed: Miss detection on Medal of Honor: Allied Assault demos.
fixed: Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory play lists not working and also fixed screen saver
fixed: Small fixes related to displaying updates
fixed: The last version state not being shown on the main menu when Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast was enabled.
tweak: Reduced nag time from free version window
tweak: Seismovision can now detect when a Steam game is shutting down and cleans up automatically.
Aug 03 2007
DigitalCandle Inc. will no longer handle Seismovision 3 sales as they are closing down. PayPal is now the only purchase provider.
Jun 06 2007
I now have my own PayPal account. Meaning you do not need to have a credit card to purchase Seismovision 3. Please note that I fill the registration currently manually with PayPal so it could take up to 24 hours for you to receive your registration details.
In other news, I’m currently working on the Quake 4 v1.41b AVA update. I usually do not do BETA version but this one has been hanging around for some time. Expect an update soon.
New Seismovision 3 BETA coming soon fixing Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territoty play lists not working.
Apr 08 2007
I will be away from 13 April to 15 May 2007, going on a small world trip to New York (USA), Hamburg (Germany) and Johannesburg (South-Africa). I will still be able to answer mail but I won’t be able to give support for all games. Special thanks to my sponsor, who whishes to remain anonymous, for making this opportunity available to me.
Here another BETA release fixing some minor stuff in translations and display:
– added: CoD2 iwd check now remembers selections.
– added: CoD2 iwd check window will not appear when no foreign files are found.
– fixed: missing text in CoD2 iwd window.
– fixed: Main screen cut off on Windows Vista.
– fixed: Config management text were missing and transform function activated.
– change: New Seismovision icon for large icons under Windows XP and Windows Vista.
Mar 21 2007
All download links have been fixed. Sorry for the break.
Feb 12 2007
New Seismovision v3.01 BETA (3) available, get it from the BETA section.
– added: Tremulous (dm_69) demo support.
– fixed: Medal of Honor: Allied Assault demo not being detected correctly
– updated: All translations
I got a new e-mail address: [email protected] The old address will still work.
Nov 27 2006
An all new BETA update is now available in the BETA section. Recommended update for all Steam users. See list of updates and changes below:
– added: New Games for Steam: Day of Defeat: Source (.dem), Half-Life Deathmatch: Source (.dem) and Opposing Force (.dem).
– added: New Steam game shutdown detection, manually closing down Seismovision is no longer required but option is still available.
– added: Call of Duty 2 non-standard .IWD file detection and temporary removal for demo play. On by default, can be disabled in dm_1 Options for Call of Duty 2.
– updated: Quake 3 Arena v1.32c, Return to Castle Wolfenstein v1.41b and Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory v2.60b AVA files. Users of the LITE version may need to download the latest AVA Update for those games if you installed an AVA Update seperately.
Sep 20 2006
The Seismovision is now back online. [url=http://www.seismovision.net/forum]http://www.seismovision.net/forum[/url]